Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016

One thing I could spend more time doing in 2016 is to not always be on the internet and instead try new things and hang out with friends and family. I felt like 70% of my 2015 was taken over by the internet like I would always be on my phone or computer, about like 19 hours most days which is not healthy. I realized that you get to caught in being like in a trance with a gadget that you forget everyone that's around you which causes to break relationships with other people and also the internet made me not the best person. It has been said that some people would rather stay at home being on their technology all day than hang out with their friends. The most important thing that I think you would gain is more happiness, because I come to realize that obviously we aren't here on this earth forever and our phones/computers aren't permanent, so why waste valuable time spending more time on a item that causes stress when you could instead try things you haven't tried before that has nothing to do with phones, or even spend time with family or friends to make good memories? It is a big sacrifice to cut down on phone/computer time because I understand that phones are addicting and our phones have like "everything we need" which is far from true, so even though yes it is hard just realize it's for the better.

3 comments:

  1. dude technology takes over

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a really good goal that you set for yourself. I like how you want to stop being online all the time to be able to spend more time with friends and family. I will actually try and do the same this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. Even though I'm a thousand years older than you are, I feel the mesmerizing lure of the phone pulling me away from living my life. Wonderful goal!

    ReplyDelete